ADA Accessibility Information



Preventive Care Seattle, WA

Preventing dental disease is our top priority, and therefore we offer a wide variety of preventive services designed to help you avoid cavities, gum disease, tooth loss, and secondary problems linked to poor oral health.

Regular Checkups

Regular checkups are an important piece in preventing dental disease. The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends you visit a dental professional at regular intervals. Two visits per year is the standard recommendation. Patients who are at high risk for dental problems may need to visit more frequently.

A glass full of toothbrushes which are the staple of a good preventive dental program.

Healthy Dental Habits

A solid homecare routine sets the foundation for a consistently happy and healthy mouth. The American Dental Association recommends the 2x2 rule: brush for two full minutes two times a day. Be sure to use a soft-bristled toothbrush and light pressure, as scrubbing too hard can cause abrasion to the enamel.

Your toothbrush can only clean about 60% of your tooth surface. Flossing will reach the remaining 40%. We recommend flossing at least once a day to remove plaque and food debris stuck between the teeth that your toothbrush cannot reach.

Another healthy dental habit is the act of rinsing your mouth out after meals or snacks, especially those that are high in sugar. Using plain water, simply swish for fifteen to thirty seconds and spit. This helps flush away food debris that would otherwise sit and fester until your next brushing.

Preventive Dental Services

•  Regular dental cleanings and exams are essential to optimal oral health. They give us a chance to evaluate any new or existing issues and address them while they are still manageable. Neglected issues often become painful and very expensive to treat.

•  Fluoride treatments are a tremendously valuable tool to help strengthen and protect your teeth between visits. Fluoride strengthens areas of tooth enamel that have become weakened by cavity-causing bacteria. If you have a recent history of cavities or demonstrate risk factors for tooth decay we recommend an application of fluoride varnish following your cleaning.

•  Sealants are another great tool to prevent tooth decay. A dental sealant is a resin that is applied to deep grooves and crevices of teeth in the back of your mouth. They act as a shield to prevent bacteria from attacking these cavity-prone areas.

•  Oral Cancer Screenings are typically performed during your routine checkup. We may suggest a screening in response to lifestyle choices or if you are at greater risk for oral cancer.

•  Wisdom Teeth are frequently removed in young adulthood due to their high likelihood of becoming problematic. There are situations in which wisdom teeth may be maintained, but on average more than 80% of the population have their wisdom teeth removed.

•  Nightguards are a must for anyone who has issues with nighttime tooth grinding. Signs of tooth grinding are: excessive wear on the chewing surfaces of your teeth, jaw pain, generalized tooth sensitivity, and/or headaches. A nightguard is an appliance similar to a mouthguard. This appliance will prevent further tooth wear and can also help eliminate the pain and sensitivity associated with nighttime grinding.

Call us at (206) 204-9623 to schedule your next exam and cleaning. We can discuss any preventive measures that interest you, and can make recommendations based on your dental history and condition. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Copyright © 2014-2024 Crown Hill Smiles and WEO Media (Touchpoint Communications LLC). All rights reserved.  Sitemap
Preventive Dentistry Seattle, WA | Crown Hill Smiles - Dentist
Preventive dentistry like dental cleanings and exams, fluoride treatment, and sealants are key for preventing dental issues. Call Crown Hill Smiles to schedule!
Crown Hill Smiles, 8001 15th Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98117 : (206) 204-9623 : : 6/11/2024 : Page Terms:dentist Loyal Heights :